I tend to read books in tandem because of time restraint, need, or interest. My bedside table has the following reads right now:
"Ordinary" by Michael Horton
This book had me by the second page! It was recommended by my pastor. It makes me think and challenges my perspectives about my faith.
"Hope for the Weary Mom" by Stacey Thacker & Brooke McGlothlin
Do I need to say anything more? The quotation from my last entry was from this book. Encouraging, hope-inducing, needed.
"Praying for Boys" by Brooke McGlothlin
Keeping me on my knees. Will most likely be worn to the point of ragged but the time F and KE have reached the age of three, at least that's my hope. Reminds me I'm not alone, who's in charge, and how to make the biggest difference in the lives of these sweet boys God's entrusted to us.
"Be Rich" by Warren Wiersbe
Sunday School study on Ephesians!
"Give Them Grace" by Elise Fitzpatrick
A constant reread to remind about discipline and how to love my boys as I do it.
"Folly Beach" by Karen White
Fun, girly reading...when a brain break is a necessity.
Thankful for books, for learning, and for the imagination escape they sometimes bring...
No comments:
Post a Comment