8.21.2016

To begin again

Let me simply say, I am hesitantly, back from a long absence.  Although I love writing and blogging is a piece of that puzzle, I found it more stressful to try to keep up with blogging than it was helpful.  I had to reassess what was most important and frankly, ask myself, why am I blogging?  So here I am, over a year later, deciding my blogging world will begin anew but without rhyme or reason except to share, as honestly as possible, the joys AND the struggles of following in the footsteps of Jesus.  This will definitely include family updates, interspersed with my daily learning to be more like Him.  I'm in a life pattern of constant challenge coupled with encouragment and conviction.  (I've embraced this to be known as sanctification, only available thru the faithful work of the Holy Spirit and rooted in the saving grace of Jesus' death on a cross and defeat over death for sinners such as myself.  Amen!  Thanks be to God!)  A great deal of my normal is life as a momma to my boys and my identity as a wife to my Scott.  These facets to my identity are gifts from God and relationships He uses to grow me.
Don't be surprised if it's not all sunshine and starry beauty.  That's not me and I have to admit, that is a part of why I had to let go for awhile...I had to be reminded that each day we are given here, for this place is not my true home, is going to be a battle.  And, I don't want to sugar coat my life. Is there a bounty of beauty found in my day to day existence? Yes, oh yes!  Are there moments of love, silliness, and just enjoyment?  Yes, yes!  Do I want to fight for joy?  Again, yes!  However, there are rough days, weeks, moments, which drive me to my knees...there are events which bruise and cut us to the core...there are struggles with sin...there are temptations to compare, to give up, to give less than I should...there are nights where sleep is scarce and for me, days that follow when I am so not what God has called me to be.  And so, it's here, in the everyday, where I want to reveal His presence and grace and hope; in the midst of my disheveled life, why pressing on is what I choose.  (Disclaimer: as my daddy often says, I will refrain from puking my problems or revealing all my
sins to the world; instead, I will share the darkness of a tunnel, but my focus will be the Light at the
tunnel's end.  So, never fear...puke is not my plan.)
So, hello again.  Praying you will see more of, and perhaps, meet my Jesus, as I share how He can
teach a sinner like me to see Him more fully in all His glory and grace with each new day.
                    "On your best of days, you must rest all your hopes on God's grace.
                    On your worst of days, His finished work should be your refuge.
                    Your posture should always be one of dependence on His finished
                     work and hope in His indwelling Spirit. Period." J.D. Greear

No comments: