...is where I am right now. At least, for today, it's where I'm sitting and simmering and breathing, Realness. It's not necessarily the most comfortable or easy, but it's real. I'm trying to rid myself of my "veil". Here's a quotation that gets to the grit of now:
"Let us remember that when we talk of the rending of the veil we are speaking in a figure, and the thought of it is poetical, almost pleasant, but in actuality, there is nothing pleasant about it. In human experience that veil is made of living spiritual tissue; it is composed of sentient, quivering stuff of which our whole beings consist, and to touch it is to touch us where we feel pain. To tear it away is to injure us, to hurt us and make us bleed...it is never fun to die." -A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God
It's a daily thing, this attempt at Real; no it's an every moment struggle. But, it's worth it, keeping heaven in mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment