At the current moment in time, I can't think of a title for this post. Maybe it is because I have, as people say, "prego brain", or then again, it could be because it is 4:30 in the morning and I haven't slept since 3:15.
I've been fighting worry since about that time when I woke up and thoughts started bombarding me. They were about the littlest items of business I have on one of my many 'to-do' lists to some much larger items. One of which was brought on by a phone call from an optometrist yesterday afternoon, who once again, brought up his diagnosis from early June and couldn't believe I hadn't had my MRI or been to see the neurologist. Then, there are the between items, which I know truly don't matter that much, but they seem to be so important to my human mind.
And, so here we are, my heavenly Father and I, conversing in the dark about how I very much want to put these 'things' at His feet, but my mind keeps picking them up and ruminating on them. Believe me, the ruminating isn't fun. I don't relish the idea that I am 1) not sleeping when according to the world sleep is going to become a high commodity in the very near future and I should "take advantage of resting now" 2) as hard as I try, as much as I claim to lift these things to God to shoulder, my stubborn nature quickly takes them back trying to solve them at four in the morning (yea, right, like that is going to work) and 3) not trusting the God of the universe, which seems both futile and stupid.
I just thought I would share...And, how fitting? I forgot to post this at 5:00 AM. It is now almost 9 PM. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment