6.22.2012

This Weekend

So, this weekend is special for many reasons.  To understand the weekend though, you need to know the background information:
I don't think I've had the state of mind to mention an interesting parallel to the joy we have knowing Baby K is on the way.  In fact, there are currently two Baby Ks baking in the oven...our little one and J and A's little one!  To make matters even more fun, we are due a mere two days apart and we share the same doctor!  Which brings me back to this weekend.
Arriving shortly will be SK with Tot and Tupelo.  Tonight, my Lizard arrives!!  Tomorrow morning my good friend & cousin, ACE, and her mama, my Fafa will be here, too!  In the midst of all the family joining us we will celebrate a shower for us Saturday and a shower to honor AK on Sunday...SPK's family isn't arriving because they are in/around town but his mom, aunt, and sister are throwing our shower, which is very kind and generous of them.
In other news, the house is progressing...this past Tuesday Dad and SPK moved the furniture into the nursery (including the glider, which I absolutely love)!  Also, we made another trek to Lowe's where we ordered the last of the bathroom tile, the closet organizer set for the nursery, and drawer liners.  The drawer liners mean I actually get to begin putting items in their places in the coming week.  I.am.thrilled. 
At this moment, I am just grateful to be where we are.  Yesterday I caught up with a friend, Riva, and we spent a lot of our walk discussing contentment.  It seems like such a simple word, yet it is a daily struggle.  Resting in what God has given me at this point seems like such an obvious choice, but so often, I get caught up in the planning and the grumbling and the comparing and the whys which fill now.  My prayer is for Christ to be my all in all.  And, knowing He is my all, should make my heart thankful in every instance.  This results in goals of not being frustrated when the house isn't on my selfish schedule, not comparing myself to others in any way, striving to give of my time and heart when it is not the most convenient, and loving even when I don't feel loved in return.  Tall orders?  Maybe, if I am trying by my strength, but remember...Christ is my all, which includes my strength. 
The sweetness of this weekend makes this all seem more attainable.  So thank you to my sweet family for traveling to share joy.  Thank you to wonderful family for throwing a shower.  Thank you to SPK for working on our shoebox.  Thank you to my parents who helped me clean to make room for their adopted son to live there while family is at their house.  Thank you to friends and family for giving of your time and gifts.  Thank you, Lord, for this life, right now, these bountiful gifts, this weekend.  And, last but not least, thank you for these two precious faces.
Tot n' Tupelo

No comments: