6.04.2012

And Then...

..there are days like today.  Days when you pray through the anxiety, the upswell of tears, the complete and total shock of what you just heard from another's mouth.  And, it is in the midst of this chaos, where the still small voice reigns.  Where the white-knuckled grip on the hope I claim in Christ becomes more real.  He IS God.  Be still.  He IS in control.  Perfect peace is attainable in Christ.  He IS my foundation, my rock, my all in all.  Pursuing after Him in every and all situation IS finding contentment. 

Today, I was reminded, I am ever dependent on Him.  Today, I was reminded, He has seen fit to surround me with kindness in the form of humans.  Today, I was reminded, although I might feel alone & overwhelmed & completely out of control; I am not alone, He is NOT overwhelmed, and He IS in control.  Thank you Jesus for a calm husband, a dear family friend who has a brain specialty, a friend at work who let me freak out, and the ability to reach my parents on the way home from a trip with a calm, more educated demeanor. 

Sigh.  A day like today isn't easy but a day like today puts life into perspective.  God is in control and trusting Him is worth it. 

No comments: