5.25.2012

May Days

May is here, has been here for awhile, and she will quickly make her exit.  I am still floored that the end of May is 6 days away.  She's brought a dose of widespread busyness with her.  Honestly?  May has been a bit overwhelming, yet through it all, I've learned God's grace is sufficient and sharing joy with close friends and family is a privilege.  In the whirlwind of SOL testing, throwing a baby shower, having a yard sale, a quick trip to Richmond/Williamsburg, Scott's jobs, scholarship committee work, birthing class, a grand grad party at Hotel Roanoke, SOL review, SOL panic, SOL testing, in the midst of SOLs trying to be creative and not just review but give these kiddos time to be kiddos, and a 'to-do list' which only seems to grow versus get accomplished...May's been a month to remember. 
I've felt the support of close friends through coffee dates and plans for baby day celebrates.  SPK and I have bonded over learning about birth and this past week he asked me on a date, again.  School has been...trying, to say the least; but, the end is in sight and I am fixed on loving on the kids in my class who are not only giving their all on these crazy tests but who are kind & sweet & make my days bright.  I'm excited about a few months of 'free time' to prepare for Baby, to spend time with my mom, SPK, and hopefully, Lizard, along with other friends.
As May pirouettes off the time map, I am reminded of how God is an ever present strength and a rock of quiet refuge.  The stress of the past few weeks will remain unmentioned.  My reactions have not always been what I would prefer, yet His hand has remained on me continually...even in the moments where I wonder "what is going on?" and "is this situation really possible?" and "have I lost my mind?"...His reminder to me is HE IS in control.  He knows.  He hears.  He understands.  He expects me to live for Him...through it all, regardless of circumstances, as crazy as they are spinning into existence.  His word has reminded me of this:
Isaiah 33:6
He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure.
Praying the key to May's treasure is the fear of the Lord for myself and for you & yours.  (And, wink wink, thankful for a four day weekend...yippee!) 

No comments: