James 1:5--"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given to him."
Yesterday morning, I tackled the annual Christmas letter (which I just finished a few moments ago). SPK actually said, "Babe. You don't have to write a letter this year. It's okay." And, honestly, I considered not writing it for about 30 seconds. But, it has become a tradition. It's a tradition we continue for our friends who are far away and one I continue for us. You see, for me, the Christmas letter is about how God has continued to make His impact on our lives. It is a simple reminder of this past year's path where He lead us. Some years it is a tear stained effort. Others it is more smile filled. As I finished the last paragraph of this year's letter, tears were streaming down my face. It was one of those years. Another one. Yet, our Christmas card theme for this year is 'grace paved roads'. My tears were a mixture of feelings. First, amazement at God's work in our lives & the overwhelming hope we have in Him, even in the face of heartache, disappointment, and...well, just life. Then, the sweet, cool, peaceful hand of God, coupled with his grace through every moment. Yes, it was hard but He held us through every part. Yes, we laughed often and more importantly, were able to, in light of difficulties. Yes, we grew in Him, which both hurt and healed. Yes, our marriage became a source of protection and vulnerability, which is only happening through God's blessing on it. Yes, there were a lot of days which can only be described as tough, where He took our hearts and carried them for us. Yes, we learned who we can trust, who really cares about us, and sadly, who doesn't. Yes, once again, we realized how weak we are (me, especially) and in the same breath, how God's strength booms loudly in my weakened state. Yes, we grew, hopefully most of all, in His grace. Yes, the letter for 2011 is now written. We hope it encourages and challenges your hearts as it does ours.So, with that in mind, I am going to relish the rest of 2011 with a day of movies, gift wrapping, and Christmas music. We might decorate the tree tonight. If we have time after church, that is. (Yes, I know I have 4 days until Christmas.) Regardless, the Grinch isn't stealing Christmas from this home.
2 comments:
Merry Christmas!!!! And as always, I loved this post.
Krista
Thanks for the constant challenges, giggles, and wisdom you provide. I love reading your thoughts! Merry Christmas to you and Scott!
Post a Comment