As you spend time with your spouse, you learn about them. Also, you begin to love what they love or in our case, your shared loves grow even more. This weekend has been long planned. SPK is on a guys' trip which involved a college football game watched with his cousin in South Carolina complete with Calzones from Mac N' Bob's. A road trip to Myrtle Beach where two rounds of 18 hole golf were played. Then, the twelve golfers traipsed to BW3s to cheer on the Tarheels during their aircraft carrier game. Today, another two 18 hole rounds. Tomorrow? NFL games with all the men. And, Monday? He comes home to us. I would like to mention that I've been watching the college football games all day. As I've watched, I have texted him score updates and basic info on his pre-requested games; i.e. the whole 'love growing' concept. By the way, speaking of games. Linds asked about the game of the century? Sorry, but not impressed. I realize people say football games are won with great defense, but seriously? The TOP 2 teams in the country are not able to score a single touchdown? Yikes. It was okay but incredibly boring. I went to bed before it ended, which did NOT happen during the UNC game last night! :)
What have we learned about one another? It's important to be happy when your significant other has times to spend time with the 'just the guys' or 'just the gals'. Togetherness becomes greater appreciated when we have the opportunity to also spend time away from one another. What is the old saying? "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." I agree. I miss him; however, I am thrilled he is where he is right this moment. And, I have to admit, when he texts me or calls me multiple times throughout the day it makes my heart smile. I'm one of those 'people he can't spend an entire day away from without having continual contact'. People, he still has a thing for me. ;)
Sadly, my planned gal time, seeing Tot, SK, Ace, Fafa, and Mom for a fun weekend of coffee, cooking, and playing...is occuring but without Deca. Instead, I am hanging out with fluffy stacks of pillows, the leather armchair, a favorite fuzzy blanket, winter socks, naptime, cough drops, sound machines, Charley, and various other asundry remedies for sickness. It snuck up on me and attacked in its full glory Friday AM. I braved the school day but when I arrived home, I knew a trip up 81 and 64 was not going to happen. Sigh. Then, as I was reading Edith Schaeffer's thoughts this morning I came across this quotation. Love it. "May my sighs be turned into songs!" This has been my prayer focus today. Today's songs have been quiet time's conviction and whisperings of "you are mine, I rejoice in you", progress with intense studying of my students' benchmark scores, tons of college football, an uninterrupted nap, words flying through a phone from my man, Charley snuggled up next to me IN the bed (Oops. I had to, it was not only cold but he is my security blanket when SPK is gone!), movie time, and a surprise visit from my daddy to "just check on me".
Still singing.
No comments:
Post a Comment