11.22.2011

Madly, Deeply

...in love.  Again. 
Head over heels for a little person who was born less than 24 hours ago. 
Sweet babyness born to SK and RK, a miniature model of Tot. 
Welcome to the world and our hearts
 Charlotte Elizabeth. 

I heard your daddy is at that 'just like breathing' stage.  Again. 
When he called, however, he was more breathless;
 taken back by the newness of drinking in the sight of you
instead of just the thought of you.
As soon as I heard his voice,
my love flew miles and miles and miles to your side. 
It sat by your tiny head, full of dark hair,
and cuddled all 6 pounds 14 ounces of you to my heart.
It's as if we've already met. 

Little girl, you are such a gift. 
You are loved from here to there and everywhere. 
Take it from me, big sister to three, younger ones are treasures.
You are like Deca and Liz or your Mama and Betsy;
Tot's little Lizard.
Oh, the blessings of a baby sis..  
Welcome, Charlotte.
I can't wait to meet you cheek to cheek.
Already loving you, madly, deeply.  
 

No comments: