I'm a positive person, most of the time, but when I am dark, I tend to be a night sky without a single star or sliver of light in the area. So, my title, you ask? I have two areas where doom seems apparent: the Tarheels and school. Let's keep this short.
Once again, the Heels seem to have forgotten how to hit the hardwoods in a respectful manner. Or maybe they decided they would like to use their talent in other areas--academics, driving a car, pursuing an occupation outside of the athletic arena? Regardless, they are not winning. Sigh. Happy January. The skies are NOT shining a sweet Carolina blue, looks more like a sickly darker blue, which will remain unmentioned.
School? Let's put it this way. We missed two days last week. My students were out of control. Today, we were off for MLK Jr. day. Tomorrow, the wonderful weather people are calling for sleet, snow, ice, etc. You get the point. Please picture fifth graders, snowy weather, no real set routine since Winter break. You can imagine. Would you like to take my place tomorrow? Or, say Wednesday, if we don't go tomorrow? Any takers? Anyone?
That is all I have to say.
Just kidding. I have to mention a bright spot.
My husband just booked us a romantic weekend in the near future, for cheapo prices. He amazes me. He is becoming very impatient as he wants me to see the awesome hotel, so I must sign-off!
No comments:
Post a Comment