6.18.2010

Summer School

Ok, I have never had to go to summer school, unless you count undergrad or grad work, but I am teaching summer school this year! It was part of the purchasing the Pilot deal and it is not too bad. We are doing a "camp" theme and we have a mixture of rising 3rd-5th graders. I HAVE to post about this little boy who continues to make us laugh on an hourly basis. So, I have a habit of calling my kiddos "smart cookies"...
This morning, I was teaching with the whole group and a few girls gave an inference that blew me away. As a result, I exclaimed "Wow, girls! You are some smart cookies!" To which, this adorable, chubby boy with a round face and glasses replied, "If I was a cookie, I would eat myself. Just think, if we were all cookies, I would eat you all...especially, if you were chocolate-chip cookies!"
I couldn't talk, I couldn't respond, all I could do was face the board and laugh. In fact, he made me laugh outloud. This is the same child who informs two of us that we do NOT sing 'good'; in fact, our singing is not even close to as good as Miss Q (one of the other teachers). In addition, Miss Q is rather skinny for being a teacher and what is not skinny on her MUST be muscle. Again, I am reminded why teaching is for me...TGIF!

No comments: