9.16.2009

To be thankful

is a precious commodity in life. I just wanted to take a second from the bustle of lately to type a few lines of thankfulness. I forget sometimes, to be thankful, to look at life and see where God has me and to be open to where He will take me in the future. So, here I am. On a Wednesday, in the middle of September, thankful for:
1) Sarah Walker Kier-Today is her birthday. I am blessed to know her, to call her family and friend, and to feel wonderful about the person God chose for my little brother.
2) Mom and her closet-It may sound trite but this morning, it was clutch. Bad outfit day (to be specific Bohemian gone fat); instead, I walked into Deb's closet and came out looking simply Bohemian chic. Thank God for a stylish and sharing mom.
3) God's will being where mine is, too.-After a long time of prayer and discussion, Scott is in the hunt for a job. Sadly, he had to leave his current job, but we consider his time there a huge blessing. It's time to find a job that will hopefully set us onto the path for a larger family.
4) Children-Unique, diverse, keep me on my toes, these are all definitely perfect adjectives to describe my kids this year. As usual, a few already have my heart & eventually all will.
5) Cate-A specific child who had my heart from my first knowledge of her. Uncle Scott gets to meet her Monday. We are pumped. I showed off her new pics last week at school ON THE ACTIVBOARD! No tiny 5x7s for me; try a 6 ft by 7 ft computer screen on my classroom wall!
6) Noni-She arrives tomorrow. We are going to a Red Sox game. Baseball is where she and Scott first bonded. What a sweet memory to celebrate!
7) The Certain Beach Called Nags Head-It's a childhood fave for memories and reminiscing. Scott and I will trek there this weekend for a wedding. I've already asked him for a walk on the beach, just the two of us. I can't wait to see the sunset over the water while holding my best friend's hand, with my toes in the sand.

Just to leave you with a thought about the job search because I am not perfect in bending to God's will. Some days I wake up discouraged. It's then that my God reminds me:
Isaiah 40:31
Those who hope in the Lord, will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not get faint.
and
Psalm 48:14
For this God is our God; he will be our guide forever and ever, even to the end.
The pups, another reason to smile, are barking...have to go love on them. Best kisses EVER!

4 comments:

Emily and Patrick said...

Krista,

What an encouraging and wonderful post! You've reminded me to take time to be thankful tonight, even for little things like a walk and nice clothes! The verses you left spoke powerfully to me. Thank you!!

Missy Small said...

I just love reading about Cate because I remember feeling just that way when Cole was born--being an aunt for the first time took my breath away! This week I talked to him on the phone and he randomly (in his almost-three way) said, "I love you!" and I really thought my heart had melted into my shoes.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs.Kanode,
I totally love the BIBLE VERSES that are on you blog!!!
Sincerly,
Marcie

Anonymous said...

* Re- correction*
Hey Mrs. Kanode,
Totally Love the BIBLE VERSES that are on your blog!!!
- Have a GOOD ONE -
Sincerly,
Marcie