9.27.2009

Light of the world

This morning's worship service was an answer to prayer. The past 10 days, though exciting and sometimes sweet, have been packed full. So full, in fact, that things have seemed a bit out of hand. The phrase "running around like a chicken with my head cut off" does seem to give these days just definition. On the outside, I seem put together, but so often, the crumbling has begun. I've been fussy with Scott, not sleeping well, and frankly, being anxious about everything.
This Sunday, Dad, Mom, and Noni were in Boston, Massachusetts and Tom Clark spoke. He focused on the verse in John where Jesus calls himself the "light of the world"(8:34). Then, Tom proceeded to go into detail about the 5th grade SOL 'Light'! He threw around terms like reflect, refract, radio & gamma rays, he even brought out a laser light and LED flashlight. But, the purpose was to remind me that MY God is LIGHT. So, just what exactly does that mean? Light shows us what is evil and positive about us; it reflects back to us who we really are. But, light also heals. My heart needed to be reminded of the ever present reality that I am no longer in darkness, even when times are cloudy, my Saviour's light shines through and He calls me back to himself. Healing is a part of my reality. This week, my prayer is the hymn "Day By Day" and Psalm 18. I leave you with the first few verses.
1 I love you, O LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.

Day by day, that is how I want to live. Hugs.

No comments: