7.09.2009

Updates

July has been an eventful month so far. I am pleased to announce that my baby brother Joshua got down on one knee in Princeton, New Jersey exactly a week ago today to ask his sweet girlfriend, Allie Horan, to become his bride! Our family is ecstatic and extremely thankful for God's provision in such an amazing girl like Allie. She is his other half, definitely. This, of course, has been the secret that's been on the tip of my tongue (but very tightly reigned in) for the past 8 weeks. Last Thursday, we received play-by-play throughout the day, and even in Salem, we were scurrying around to help the night go smoothly. I've included a few hi-lites of the entire proposal below, and keep in mind, that these are from the Kier fam perspective:
-The nite Josh asked Mr. and Mrs. Horan for Allie's hand in marriage, he took them out to dinner. This meant Allie HAD to be elsewhere because she was living with her parents until she found a house sooo Mom and I stepped in and took her out to dinner. Our reason? We wanted to say "good-bye" before she left for Princeton and CTY. Ok, so that was true, but we definitely had alterior motives.
-Josh's text message the night before "I made it to the hotel and I just finished talking to Allie. I can't stop smiling because she has no idea I am a mere 12 miles away."
-Josh called me during the day to say he was lost and had ended up on the VERY street Bobbi (Allie's friend and Josh's partner in crime) had told him NOT to get near because it was where Allie's office was located.
-Josh informed us (Mom, Sarah, and myself) via text that the time of proposal was approx. 7:15 PM--7:25 PM
-Text message(7:12 PM): Allie is in the restaurant and I am going in.
THEN....nothing. Nothing. Nada. Not a peep.
Sarah and I were freaking out and Mom told us we had to wait until 8:30PM. After awhile, we were talking and catching up, when Sarah said "Krista, it is 8:31!!" I was thinking "Ok. 8:31?" When I realized "OH, 8:31!!" We immediately called Josh's phone and Allie answered giggling. Mom asked her how her left hand felt!

All in all, we are excited and can't wait to have another member added to the fam. In addition, we were able to spend the entire July 4th weekend with Sarah and the pups. Lots of conversation and girl time were had. She is an adorable prego lady and reality has set in...In about 4 weeks, Rhett and Sarah will be parents, Mom and Dad will also be Yaya and Poppa, and Scott and I will be Aunt and Uncle!! WOW. Times are changing around here!

God has truly blessed our family. Since 2006 we've had the following each year, wedding, wedding, wedding, baby!, and now in 2010, another wedding! Joy is everywhere and we give God all the glory and credit. More posts about the remodel to come!

No comments: