I just looked up and June had flown out the window, and here we are, into the seventh day of July. I am going to give you a list of events from June because the more I think about it, the more busy the past month was; I'm guessing that is why it slipped past me so quickly.
In most past to most recent order, June consisted of the following:
1) END of school!!! was June fifth and although I had an amazing group of kids this year, it could not have come faster. I do enjoy my job, in fact, I feel sorry for people who hate their job, because frankly, mine is sweet. (And for those of you who are currently saying outloud or thinking "Yea of course you love it, you only work 10 months of the year." THAT is NOT the reason I love my job.) I anticipate the kids walking in most mornings and dealing with them as they are for that day. I adore teaching them to be thoughtful readers and I relish the challenge of winning the fight over video games v. the imaginative/informative journey of a book. I could go on and on, but July might be over by the time I finish. So, the end of school was greeted with applause due to a rough year with...let's put it this way, reasons OTHER than the children I teach.
2) Remodel continued throughout the month, as did our feeling that we should become stockholders in the Lowe's company. The employees at Lowe's now greet me with not only a friendly "hello!" but other phrases such as "back AGAIN?" and "Thanks for the business. You are the reason I have my job." You think I am kidding, but that last phrase has been said to me twice. In addition, if you put up a picture of employees at the Valley View Lowe's, I could definitely tell you what area of the store they spend the most time in, and in certain cases, I could tell you their names. We are a few short steps (apprx. 2 wks) from calling our house, home again! BTW, the floor, crown moulding, base, electric work, shelving, etc. etc. etc. looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Thanks to my husband!! He, my friends, is a miracle worker. And, no, you may NOT have him. (Disclaimer: unless you are family, that is. He does work for fam!) Also, my mother is the best plasterer ever. A friend of ours who worked in construction checked out her handiwork a few days ago and was impressed beyond belief!! Love my hubby and mom. Very much.
3) Housesitting/dogsitting--Annually, my income is heightened by my summer odd jobs. This summer being no different I jumped into the second week of June with a house/dog/teenager sitting job. It wasn't bad, but I look forward to having a child from the stage of infant to toddler to....and not straight teenager. No thanks. Overall, this kid was nice, the worst part is my tendency to worry at all times, even when he was at the house. Yikes.
4) Wedding directing continues! I had a big one this June. Let me put it to you this way; I got an $80.00 refund from Chick-fil-A because they were late, I had a bridesmaid who was over 1.5 hours late on the wedding day, a health concern, the AC was not working in the church on a 90 degree day, and we survived and the bride was happy. That is all that matters. Once again, I had the privilege of hearing Ev speak at a wedding. God was glorified and the point of marriage was underlined well. I love it when a pastor doesn't do mushy crap and preaches the truth about marriage! Well done, Everett!
In most past to most recent order, June consisted of the following:
1) END of school!!! was June fifth and although I had an amazing group of kids this year, it could not have come faster. I do enjoy my job, in fact, I feel sorry for people who hate their job, because frankly, mine is sweet. (And for those of you who are currently saying outloud or thinking "Yea of course you love it, you only work 10 months of the year." THAT is NOT the reason I love my job.) I anticipate the kids walking in most mornings and dealing with them as they are for that day. I adore teaching them to be thoughtful readers and I relish the challenge of winning the fight over video games v. the imaginative/informative journey of a book. I could go on and on, but July might be over by the time I finish. So, the end of school was greeted with applause due to a rough year with...let's put it this way, reasons OTHER than the children I teach.
2) Remodel continued throughout the month, as did our feeling that we should become stockholders in the Lowe's company. The employees at Lowe's now greet me with not only a friendly "hello!" but other phrases such as "back AGAIN?" and "Thanks for the business. You are the reason I have my job." You think I am kidding, but that last phrase has been said to me twice. In addition, if you put up a picture of employees at the Valley View Lowe's, I could definitely tell you what area of the store they spend the most time in, and in certain cases, I could tell you their names. We are a few short steps (apprx. 2 wks) from calling our house, home again! BTW, the floor, crown moulding, base, electric work, shelving, etc. etc. etc. looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Thanks to my husband!! He, my friends, is a miracle worker. And, no, you may NOT have him. (Disclaimer: unless you are family, that is. He does work for fam!) Also, my mother is the best plasterer ever. A friend of ours who worked in construction checked out her handiwork a few days ago and was impressed beyond belief!! Love my hubby and mom. Very much.
3) Housesitting/dogsitting--Annually, my income is heightened by my summer odd jobs. This summer being no different I jumped into the second week of June with a house/dog/teenager sitting job. It wasn't bad, but I look forward to having a child from the stage of infant to toddler to....and not straight teenager. No thanks. Overall, this kid was nice, the worst part is my tendency to worry at all times, even when he was at the house. Yikes.
4) Wedding directing continues! I had a big one this June. Let me put it to you this way; I got an $80.00 refund from Chick-fil-A because they were late, I had a bridesmaid who was over 1.5 hours late on the wedding day, a health concern, the AC was not working in the church on a 90 degree day, and we survived and the bride was happy. That is all that matters. Once again, I had the privilege of hearing Ev speak at a wedding. God was glorified and the point of marriage was underlined well. I love it when a pastor doesn't do mushy crap and preaches the truth about marriage! Well done, Everett!

5) Charleston trip--I went with BI this time and it was a blast. Elizabeth and Jensen opened their home to us for 7 days of beach, pool, spades, bocce ball, and "Body Blast". Ahhh, the last one. You are thinking, wow Krista is looking good. Sadly, my friends, I am not looking good,and the morning I got up at 5:40 AM to attend Lizard's "Body Blast" class put me in worse shape than I have been in a long time. Ahhhh...she kicked my butt. I now know what a Bosu ball, body bar, and Hades are like. However, I am hoping the experience will only push me to want to work out again. My only desire is that the next visit I will have more Lizard time, one-on-one. I miss my sister and spending a week with her is great, but it is sorta like pulling out a splinter and then realizing you have 30 more to go. That was brutal honesty. Also, I LOVE
Charleston!!!
Charleston!!! 
6) All throughout June I was keeping a secret, and you will have to read the next entry about July to find out! For now, I have to run to the coffee shop and meet my friend Liz to discuss our newest book "On Asking God Why" by Elizabeth Eliot.

No comments:
Post a Comment