February is always filled to the brim. With birthdays and heart days the fun flows all month long. This year, Scott and I decided to contribute money to our remodel fund and to set a limit for Valentine's day. All I can say is I followed the rules!! And that is where the similarities end. My husband has a tendency to spoil me when it comes to gifts for any and every occasion. This year was no different.
The night before Feb. 14 I was too excited to wait and made Scott open his gift. He liked it and made use of it quickly. He wouldn't give me my gift though, insisting Valentine's Day would be a better time. That morning, Scott went to play racquetball with Chris Vandy and then he came home. Nonchalantly, he walked out of the bedroom holding a red bag (the same red bag in which he had unwrapped his gift the nite before). At this point, I was thinking "this is not looking good". Then I opened the card with a cute Golden Retriever on the front that when opened read "I eat, I sleep, I poop, I think of you...life is good". I looked at him with a mixed expression and said "umm, babe, you don't get the romantic award.." He laughed and just kept staring at me. I continued to read the words he had penned and the last line made me drop the card and look at him in shock. "I hope you have had a good bday and heart day because they will only get better when we celebrate at the ACC tourney!" For those of you who know me well, college bball is one of my all time favorite things in this world, especially my Tarheels...soooo this gift besides being extremely difficult to find, was one of the most incredible gifts ever! Scott just laughed at me and hugged me tight as I sat in shock, repeating the words "We're going to the ACC TOURNAMENT!" Then, he let me call my entire family to share the news. I was soo out of breath and joyful when I called that many thought we were announcing the impending arrival of a little one...close, but not yet! However, they soon realized the reason for the freak out! :)
So, what are you doing the weekend of March 12-15? I, and my sweet husband, will be in Atlanta, Georgia watching every round of the ACC tournament! I am imagining myself in basketball heaven (if the Heels come through, that is)! I am one amazingly blessed woman. My man knows the way to my heart; who needs food when you have college bball? ;) Just thought I would share our happy news!
No comments:
Post a Comment