1.31.2009

Saturday, the end of January

Yes. Today is the 31st of January and we have not had a glimpse of our good friend Snow; however, Snow's partner in crime, Extreme Cold has made regular visits. He's like the visitor that never leaves, on the way to being the guest who outstays his welcome! Haha! While his visits have been long, they've forced us to stay inside more, which has lead us to making some major decisions about our home.

I love our home. It was one of those finds that some might say "dropped in our lap", but I choose to believe God kept it for us and showed it to us at the exact moment in time where we needed a sweet little house. Long story short: We found our little brick shoebox about 10 months before we tied the knot. I was renting space from my parents so Scott had the privilege of 'breaking her in', but I was able to keep an eye on them from a mere 1.5 miles down the road. The house had been on the market for at least a year and I drove by her daily on my way to work. Finally, Mom suggested we take a look, and when we walked in it was love at first sight. We made an offer within the hour! She does have one major negative; there is a basement, but you have to go outside to access the basement. In the past few years, we've added a nice deck and a fence, but the lack of inside stairs is simply, not cool. Sooooo, we are beginning the steps of a major remodel!! YIKES! We met with our carpenter friend today and we get the quote for roughing in phase 1 tomorrow! Granted, Scott and I will be doing a LOT of the work, but we think it is the best decision for our future, either selling or keeping.

My status for facebook Wednesday nite was "Krista is hoping and praying and wishing for a Deamon Deacon win and a Caroline victory over FSU! Is that too much to hope for...?" And I am happy to report, Wake Forest BEAT Dook AND the Heels won. The last second shot by Lawson, though heart-attackesque was also incredibly inspiring. Everytime I rewind DVR and watch it AGAIN, I get chill bumps. ahhh....college basketball, let me correct myself, ACC basketball, LOVE IT!

Maybe Snow will visit soon??!! If not, I am sure Cold will be here for awhile, but so will college basketball, my wonderful husband, remodeling jobs, and life in general. Bye January, hello February! :)

No comments: