1.27.2009

NO Snow Day

The first snow day of the year is absolutely a gift; however, there is no, I repeat, no snow. None whatsoever. Instead, a cold, light rain falls outside and I spent the morning sleeping it away. To give the schools credit, the forecasters were calling for an over the top ice storm, but it didn't show. I would like to see fluffy whiteness taking over my backyard, but I am loving the day at home. Lately, we've started that away from home habit again. This time, Scott and I are together for most of the traveling though.

Sunday was a memorable trip! We made a day trip to Raleigh, NC for the initial reason of putting finality to remnants of his last job. He sold "Fletcher" his matte cutter to a woman in NC and offered to tutor her in how to use it. He did this for free, which proved to me again, why I love him so much. He has a big, giving heart. After the tutoring session that I used to catch up on school work, we traveled down the road to catch up with the Hubert family!

In our time together Scott and I have had a rare occasion to visit with friends of mine. It was a novelty to be able to give a hug to Sarah and Adam, to introduce my husband, to reminisce with old friends about the past, and to update about the present. We were able to meet Graham, their new little one, and I held him for a little while. He is precious, even when he cries! :) Scott loved meeting the Huberts and as usual, he had a special place in his time with them to visit with Kitty-girl. Their cat caught his eye and a few belly rubs! It was a sweet time, though incredibly short to visit with old friends. I'll have to post the pics later because I actually remembered to bring the camera!

Looking forward to spending a day with Charley, catching up on work, and warm, protected from the cold rain outside!

No comments: