11.13.2008

37 hours and counting...

Did anyone see the forecast for Saturday in Richmond, VA? It is supposed to be mid 60s and raining; considering 13.1 miles is staring me in the face, that sounds ideal. The pre-run jitters set in a few weeks ago. In addition, due to my IT band acting up, I haven't been able to run the anxiety away. Saturday is just a few hours away and I am feeling positiveyet apprehensive about the miles ahead. BI and I have trained hard and we feel like this is something we can tackle. Also, Elizabeth and Rebecca have been training even harder, trying to get ready for Boston! Sarah has been training with a group in Richmond too. I am proud of all of us and can't wait to see all of our results. When you are spending your time Saturday pray for us as we run: for physical health, mental endurance and easy recovery...

Perks about the weekend:
1) Scott is coming to support me in my first 1/2 marathon! Love my hubbie.
2) I get to see Elizabeth twice in a span of six days! WOO HOO!
3) All the hard work will hopefully pay off...
4) Family bonding will occur because the Kier girls are all running!
5) Mom asked me to take a shopping trip with her Sunday to Williamsburg, which will be a nice addition to the weekend; mom time is always a bonus.
6) BI is going to destry my time; but I am proud of her for every minute!!
7) We are spending Friday with Uncle Donnie and ACE...

Now that I am finishing this post, the countdown is 36.5 hours...I can do this! :) Result blog coming soon...In the meantime, I will be watching the VT game snuggled up with my husband and my dog. Gotta stay warm while I can, right? Night all!

No comments: