10.01.2008

my new/old best friend...Mrs. Turner

My little sister is married! I feel like I was just hit by a tornado and hurricane in tandem, but in a good way?! I am all smiles because the hard work paid off. I made a realization while there, although I knew this before--We have the MOST incredible mom in the entire world! She is completely selfless and she gave more than 100% to the completion of an amazing wedding weekend. Talk about being blessed.

The weekend was incredible 'sigh'! I have to mention Adam Barnes (http://www.adambarnesphoto.com/) and Berry Hill Estates (http://www.berryhillestate.com/)-- the photographer and wedding site. If you are looking for a photographer, highly recommended! He is not only talented but his heart connects with his clients, blessings upon blessings.

Elizabeth was a beautiful bride from the moment she stepped into the rehearsal to the minute she left in the midst of bubbles and sparklers. One of my favorite memories of the weekend would have to be Friday night after the rehearsal dinner when mom, Liz and I were in room 319. Mom was pincurling Elizabeth's hair while I sat on the bed behind them, dad was 'sleeping' on the other bed, we were watching a movie and our Texas Aunts and cousin were talking and laughing around us. It was a late night, a little chaotic, but simple and appreciated. Then the next morning, Elizabeth and I laid in our bed for 3o minutes talking about the night before and the fact that today YES today was her wedding day. Our conversation ended when we ran to mom and dad's room to say a bright hello and to really begin the day.

It didn't rain! The night before it poured and during the reception it poured, but the hours before and for the service there was not a drop of rain. I mentioned to a few people that if God wanted to put an 'umbrella' over top of us for the day, He totally would. I feel like that is just what He decided to do. I watched my little sis make a marriage promise under a cloudy umbrella provided by her gracious Father in heaven and officiated by her daddy...how perfect! Speaking of our dad, just before the wedding, as we were waiting in the mansion to walk the aisle, he opened a peppermint pattie and shared it with 3 of his girls: Elizabeth, Sarah and myself. His main squeeze had just finished singing "When You Say You Love Me", which almost put us all in tears and made it okay that she wasn't standing back there with us. Mom was then escorted down the aisle by both her boys and the worship service began. I was threatened by a family member that if I cried I was in BIG trouble and when I walked down the aisle, Jacqueline, Jensen's sis had tears rolling down her face!!! It was sweet, but I had to look away for fear that my faucets might turn on too. By the way, Jacqueline granted Elizabeth's request to have a "sister" prego for her Big day! And, I have to say she looked adorable as a prego bridesmaid!

Finally, the reception is pretty much a blur because of DJ issues and April and I prepping a wedding nite room! ;) But I do remember when "My Girl" started. I was frantically searching for my daddy and when I rounded the corner, he was doing the same. He grinned from ear to ear when he saw me and took me straight to the dance floor. I finally had my daughter/daddy dance!! Oh yea, and let's not forget the candy bar!!! (Thanks Lizard!) The cherry sours were AWESOME and the toothbrush made my teeth feel much cleaner afterward! haha

Sooo...I now have a married little sister, a new brother-in-law and a weekend filled with memories. To the NEW Turners! May you be happy in God's grace, focused on Him and may you find a new definition to go with your new identities, Mr. & Mrs. Jensen Turner.

Love you, love you, love you!

No comments: