9.06.2008

A weekend alone

I started the weekend completely exhausted. Who knew that a room of 19 fifth graders could wear one out to the point that you almost fall asleep while eating at the dinner table? The first two weeks have been awesome...I have an incredible group of kids and I look forward to learning along with them all year....
Scott is out of town for the weekend on a golf trip...I was browsing through Facebook earlier today and I came across a Flair that said "Golf widow"! I was tempted to put it on my page but thought better of it considering all the time I have spent with Elizabeth the past 4 months...Scott could easily put "Widowed by Sister-in-Law" on his Facebook page (IF he had one that is!) Still, it made me laugh! In addition, my best friends, Elizabeth and mom took off for Richmond, once again! Sooo here I am, home alone for the past 24 hours. I am not complaining but it is weird to actually be relaxing. I haven't quite known what to do with myself. Charley has been my sole companion and we've had fun eating together, sharing the bed and throwing balls for Charley to fetch. I decided 'nothing weekends' are definitely needed every now and then. I did get to spend time with my dad tonite. We went by church, he heard my "toast" for Liz's wedding weekend, and then he took me to dinner. It was a good nite having him to myself.
I am now watching college football and I am greatly relieved that 1) VT won and 2) ECU kicked WVU's butt....now I am cheering for the Gators for 2 reasons: I love my sister Sarah and I hate Miami! :)
Well cheers to a laid back weekend and here's to the weekend 3 weeks away...which will be anything but laid back, but a LOT of fun, family and celebration!

No comments: