Sooo...I promised to blog about the Charleston "Liz's Last Hurrah" trip, as someone put it, and here goes...Although we had planned to stay only four days, we ended up giving in to the "pull" of sun, sand, freedom, wind blowing through our hair feeling and our stay stretched to 9 days. Reflecting back, it was perfect. We had all of the following, Jensen and Liz time, Liz and Kris time, Jensen/Liz/Kris time, girls' nite, boating, beaching, cleaning (twice!), cooking, Basil, Poe's, Kickin Chicken, Shem Creek, fishing, watching the Olympics, running the Charleston bridge or walking it in flip flops (6 miles that is), shopping on King Street, Piggly Wiggly/Food Lion/Teeter/Publix, catching up with old friends, meeting more of Jensen's fam, Sweet Tea and Mich Ultra Lime, lovin' Luna, and through it all we REMEMBERED to take pics!
The party was a bit of a stresser for me, but I loved that Elizabeth seemed happy and content. We began the day with a sister walk/run on the bridge. {I think I loved those two mornings most of all because we worked out and then just spent normal time being sisters. } Then we took one of our many grocery trips to get breakfast for the girls who were sleeping at the condo: Allie, Ashley and Ariel. We arrived with blueberry waffles and Fruity Pebbles! We ate and made a decision to take a short trek to Sullivan's Island. While there, we talked about life (baby names, being married)and spent time laying on towels with the sun shining and the waves crashing lightly behind us. On the way home, I requested to be dropped off while the girls made a traditional visit to Groucho's. I started the decorating, hoping to mark off my to-do list. Then Morgan arrived and began to help me to keep my sanity. After the other girls came back from lunch, they all pitched in and I have to say a HUGE Thank YOU! Seriously, I was stressed beyond measure and their help allowed to me to semi-relax and have fun just being with everyone.
The party time was 7 PM and we had Elizabeth's closest friends there to share....some quotable quotes were as follows:
"I can FINALLY talk about sex with Elizabeth!" A.P.
"LEAVE and CLEAVE! It's scriptural hon!" M.T.
"What about KY jelly?" A.T. jokingly. "NO! Go with Astroglide! It is much better, less clumpy." K.K. completely serious. "Why use any of them?" A.P. (again completely serious).
"I am on the WRONG end of the couch!" A.H.
Dinner was a mexican fiesta with cilantro dip, homemade salsa, con queso, guacamole and chix fajitas...and of course, margaritas! ;) Then, we got to watch Liz open her sexy lingerie which we considered a gift for both her and Jens! All the while she wore a crown, beginning with Debbie's from when she was Miss Beaumont to a plastic crown with a pic of Jensen as its center 'gem'.
After gifts, we rode in little black London taxi cabs to Social, a wine bar and then we went to Vendue, the rooftop bar. We ended the night with a surprise visit to Saloon, where we were escorted to dance on the bar...yea, it was lots of fun! Our night ended with 7 of the girls in our room at the condo pigging out on the dinner dips and tortilla chips...
I think we had fun! We laughed, talked, danced and celebrated Elizabeth all night long...and that was my plan the whole time. Love you Lizard. Happy you and cheers to you as a married woman!
1 comment:
It's so fun to keep informed on your life.
www.justabunchoffalderal.blogspot.com
It should work!
Post a Comment