12.10.2007

Letters to the Heavenly Father...

Merry Christmas!! (A little early this year, but hey, Christmas is hope-filled, so let's bask in it!) I wrote the Christmas play for the church drama this year...I titled it Letters to (Santa---cross out the word) to the Heavenly Father. It was based on the fact that even in the midst of life's trials and heartaches, the birth of Christ, the time we call Christmas, is crucial to our faith. Without the birth of Christ our journey to being saved wouldn't be fact. In the hurry that often defines Christmastime, I have had to sit and be still for three reasons: to write, to memorize my part and because I am sick. In those times, with Christmas music playing in the background, I was thankful. I am a doer. I do, do, do and then I am so tired I crash. I am glad my God understands my heart and what I go through; he also understands "I do what I don't want to do and don't do what I want to do". In light of these realities, my daily living should be challenged and filled with hope. Especially in light of Christmas. I am surrounded by normal people, with normal heartaches and I am going to try to be more focused on sharing that His love is unconditional and He is here, all the time. He's been where I was, where I am, where I will be...I can rest (in the midst of hustle and bustle) because I am His child and I am saved by His grace alone. So I hope you get a chance to sit and be still. I hope, with Christmas music playing in the background, you see our God in a brand new Biblical way or that your heart is challenged to spend more time with Him daily. In the stillness, He remains God. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Kanodes! I hope all is well with you! It sounds like you're living the same hustle and bustle that we are! Krista, I have to say, it is so refreshing to read your words & be reminded that Christmas doesn't have to be about the chaos it's become. In fact it shouldn't be about the chaos! Thank you! I am reminded now to sit down & spend a few moments in prayerful thanks. Shawn and I are getting ready for "Baby Howell." The nursery furniture is in, new chair molding up, and now we're waiting on the painters. They come Monday! I am ashamed to admit I had a pregnancy meltdown about the nursery early last week. No paint, no furniture, no trim but lots of shower gifts in bags. Of course, it wasn't about the room but the hormones & the stress of the season. That's why it's so great to read your words. I might have to put you on call for childbirth...not that I don't think Shawn will be great, but he seems limited to coach-like pep talks. And since I'm not trying to kick a field goal, I may need a more inspirational reminder of why I am intentionally going through such physical pain. Needless to say, I'm started to get a little scared!!! Well, again, Merry Christmas! We can't wait to see you!

Missy Small said...

The play sounds fantastic...of course, how could it not be?!?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.