12.20.2007

Christmas is closer!!!!

The Christmas spirit tackled me a few nights ago...simply floored me. I think it was after Scott and I trekked to Williamsburg to purchase gifts at the Outlets. I was speed-walking through the shops and sidewalks when I realized I was having fun. To top it all off, my husband was with me and although he complained every little while, I think he did have a bit of fun. ;) We were able to spend time with Rhett, Sarah and ACE too! The weekend was rushed, but in a completely festive way versus tiring and annoying! The whole experience made me start thinking about my top ten fave moments of Christmastime. Soooo in numerical order, here they are!
1) The reminder that God is faithful, so much so, He sent His Son to become my Savior
2) The church services and advent
3) Buying gifts for family and friends (and trying to stay within budget...I'm doing better)
4) Singing Christmas hymns (Silent Night; Hark, the Herald Angels Sing etc.)
5) Wrapping presents!!! (and hiding the process from Scott...by the way, I beat him to having the first present wrapped for him under the tree this year!)
6) Decorating the tree and house WITH MY HUSBAND!! (once we get around to it...)
7) Charley sniffing around his stocking and the gifts for his cousins
8) Little kiddos faces, truly thankful ones, when they talk about Christmas or open a gift
9) Winter break!!! :)
10) Family traditions (Christmas Eve Tex-Mex game night, Christmas day movie, Crazy Santa
Gift exchange)

I challenge you to make your own list...It puts things in perspective and makes you smile. So if you spend these last few days shopping with people on every side and cars cutting you off and people frowning instead of grinning (sad!) and you keep running out of things you need and have to make one more trip out THERE...just try to think of your top ten...and hum a Christmas hymn. It does wonders for the craziness around you. You might even get lost in the moment and smile at somebody!

Merry Christmas again friends! We love you and are praying that Jesus is the center of your holidays!

No comments: