The colors of Autumn have been swirling around us for a few weeks now. We were excited about Noni coming to visit, but sad because she was going to miss 'peak week' in the mountains. Due to the drought this past summer, the clash of brilliant colors didn't occur until the first week of November and Noni arrived just in time to see the last splashes before they fell to the ground. It IS gorgeous in VA in the fall. I was thinking it is my favorite time of year because of the crisp mornings and warm afternoons. We've been basking in the reds, yellows, rusts, and oranges for awhile now and it is truly a gift from God.
Scott continues to travel the state on a weekly basis. I am making the most of the time, getting work finished for school and home, spending girl time with mom and Elizabeth and working out with Charley! :) He enjoys the traveling and the chance to try out sales. He is also helping my mom put up crown molding in her new living room and bathroom. The place looks like it came out of Pottery Barn! :)
Lately, I have spent loads of time planning and re-planning for school. At the same time, I undertook the task of writing the church Christmas play which was tough because it takes me such a long time to get it right. I think it has a good message and I was determined that each part would be completely based on scripture this year! I consider the task to be a huge responsibility and it puts a burden on my heart bc I don't want my words to mess up the clear and freeing message of Jesus. My prayer is that He speaks through and in spite of my words.
This weekend is a big break for both of us (well, all of us) and we are planning to enjoy every moment of it! We hope every one of you finds a reason to be thankful and a chance to hug on your family! Until next time...
1 comment:
hi, friend! i agree, virginia is a gorgeous place in the fall...and i think maybe we should spend some time in the same PLACE in virginia one of these days! :) i love reading your blog--catch a ride with scott to no.va sometime soon!
Post a Comment