12.27.2007

Not quite back to the real world

Here it is the 27th of December and although Christmas has past I am still on vacation. Scott is back to work today but I am still sleeping in and spending quality time with Charleston, Cassidy and Elizabeth! :) We all hung out last night and played pool and Guitar Hero...Of course I struggle with both, but Scott played GH for the first time and made 91% of the notes he played. Liz and I played pool (Cutthroat) with Scott and Josh. We lost EVERY time. You would think we would refuse to play games with my husband and Josh but we kept coming back for more! (haha) This morning I spent an ENTIRE hour and a half talking with my sis about life and everything else. We decided that we need to have more "just STOP and talk" times. Life is way too busy and sometimes you start to realize it; especially the times when you actually DO have a conversation over a latte with your sister and you are both just sitting, talking and sharing. I love breaks, but I have decided I need to create more of them, even if they are just for a few hours with a loved one. Sooo watch out friends and fam, my goal for 2008 is BREAKS....and everyone who knows me best laughs and says "yea right OCD girl." No really, I am going to try...be it running with Liz, well maybe not that one, I might not survive (hee hee), sitting in the kitchen over coffee with mom and Liz, playing pool one night with my husband, eating dinner with my daddy, watching a sporting event with Josh, visiting Rhett and Sarah for a night in Richmond, praying for more than 5 minutes to my Heavenly Father or simply writing a note to friends I don't get to see very often...I am focusing on breaks, quality vs. quantity, in the hopes that I will gain sanity and relish in the things that matter instead of rushing through life and wasting time. Time that is wonderful and should be appreciated.
And Christmas...was a ton of fun! I loved the family time. Watching the dogs run through the house for days on end and now watching them sleep all the action off. Seeing family open gifts and get excited over the ones that made Scott and me most thrilled when we purchased them. Opening my own gifts and being in complete awe of the thought and generosity behind them all. Attending Christmas Eve service with little ones running in the back and talking all the way through. Seeing the lights twinkle on the trees and in the eyes of all around. Eating GOOD GOOD food. Laughing at things like 'straw pie' (which still tastes like heaven Mom), 'Oh that's why you didn't want me to buy one of these', and 'spider pig, spider pig' (still haven't seen it, but feel like I have). Playing games with everyone and then having time to read. Watching movies with my husband. Trying out Scott's new walkie-talkies and YES my call-sign IS Babylove! ;) Sending the annual Christmas card and receiving cards from Colorado, Montana, Florida, Indiana, Virginia, Texas, and elsewhere. Scott convincing me to leave the Christmas decor up for a little while longer and at the same time, telling me to put my gifts (all unwrapped now) back under the tree because it still says "Christmas". Finally, a collection of memories to hold dear for years to come and more reasons to find joy in all which God has so richly blessed us.
I hope your holidays were similar and that even in the craziness you can find reasons to smile!

No comments: