10.31.2007

We are the champions...

My poor 5th graders have been picked on mercilessly this week after the four game sweep of the Rockies...GO RED SOX! Indeed, fall has once again brought sports joys and sorrows. After watching the VT--BC game this past Thursday night, I swore off all sporting events...until the next morning when I awoke to find the Sox were another win closer to World Series Champs! We spent Saturday immersed in football and dinner was at Macados where we were able to watch the UT--USC game and the BoSox games simultaneously! Is there anything else? :) Happy to say, yes there is.
Scott is traveling and came home today grinning about how gorgeous the mountains are after our dousing of more than needed rain last week. Due to this revelation, we will be spending Saturday (well, part of Saturday...football! duh) driving through the Blue Ridge Parkway and picnicking with Charley. For that, I am much excited!
Today was another first for our little family...we bought a car. Sadly, Scott's Xterra has now bit the dust...well the torque something or other is not torquing; therefore, new car a MUST with all the traveling. Praying that God continues to bless us financially and thanking God Josh is a car salesman! He sold us our car! :) (whispering...it is not a Honda...ahhh, the thought!) But it is a Subaru Legacy/Outback, I will leave that debate to the men, and we are pleased with it. In addition, it is VT MAROON...
Nothing much more to update other than the only Trick-or-Treater I have laid eyes on tonite was twice my size in height and weight, probably 17 years old, dressed in a black cape with fake blood streaming down her face and Scott almost ran over her. SCARY!!!
Love to all....the Kanodeees--as Liz and Josh say.

No comments: