...and I found I had absolutely no time for blogging, unless I wanted to sacrifice sleep, which is not a possibility considering sleep is hard to come by lately.
But then life is beginning to settle and I had to write down some of what we are experiencing lately. Although the days themselves can often seem tough and heavy, there's a definite sweetness to life defined as now. I'm blogging in a short given timeframe called "blogging while trying to simultaneously keep my two year old quietly playing while his baby brother naps below us in his nursery".
The boys have settled into life together as brothers. What a joy to see them already loving each other. Finley often takes his brother's hand and says "He is my brother and my friend!" At these ages, most of the time, there are giggles, sharing of toys, and looking out for little brother. Making his baby brother laugh is a highlight for Finley, be it his made up yodel "leedaleedaleedaleeda", blowing zerberts on his tummy, or simply exclaiming "baby TIIIIRRREEE"; he can make him belly laugh at the drop of a hat. In fact, when he gets fussy, one of the ways to bring him back to happy babyness is his big brother. This new atmosphere is a welcome change from the first two months when I feared for baby brother's life on a daily basis, said in a joking manner, well mostly a joking manner. Cue nervous laugh. I readily admit, two boys is a HANDful. Some mornings, oh let's be honest, most mornings I wake and have to pray for gracegracegrace, then pry myself out of bed because I still need a good night's sleep. But, I think that is one of the main reasons why God gives us children, to make us more like Him by sacrifice, laying down self, and allowing us to love far beyond what we thought was possible. Another reason, which has been a bit overwhelming for this momma, is to show us our own faults and complete sinfulness. Oh my goodness. How I wish I was the perfect mother. Yet, I catch myself and realize if that was so, they might see their mom as the answer instead of Jesus or they might find me unapproachable in my perfection. So, instead, I pray for my boys to see Jesus in spite of my sin. For them to see their momma struggle with fighting sin and that one day soon they might fight it too with the help of their Savior.
And, that's all for now. Fittingly, it is what is most important right now. More updates to follow, sooner than later, Lord willing.
No comments:
Post a Comment