10.27.2012

The 'Even Newer' Reality of Now


I absolutely LOVE this pic. 
 Little one was 12 weeks old yesterday.  TWELVE weeks!?  Where did time go?  He's not so much newborn baby anymore, especially when I think back to the fog which is otherwise known as the month of August 2012 (and we could argue a bit of September into that definition.) 
*Little one, you are becoming your own self in a 15 pound mini-human.  Your chubby legs get me everytime.  Good thing you tend to be hot-blooded because pants, however adorable, can not compare with your legs.  Then, there are your smiles.  Melt.my.heart.every.stinkin'.time.  You tend to be choosy about smiling but nursery rhymes and 'Jesus Loves Me' will usually result in wide, open-mouthed grins.  I think it is the motions we do with them.  And, motion?  You loooove to be moving.  Your favorite action right now is holding onto our hands and pulling up to a standing position.  The swing, Dada swinging you in your carseat, being rocked, walking in the Bob-as long as we swerve or bounce it, motion is your cup o' tea.  Or should I say milk?  You continue to be a great eater and we are both still up twice a night to bond.  ;)  As the days pass, you are becoming quite vocal.  Hearing you talk could entertain us for hours.  We stand over you or hold you up face to face repeat questions such as "Really?"  "What happened next?" or "No way!  Did that really happen?"  And you just talk back like you understand every word and we should understand you, too.  Funny thing about you is your favorite place, other than our arms, are your changing tables.  As long as you are on your Pak n' Play changing table, I can get chores accomplished such as ironing or making the bed.  In the past few weeks you've found your toes (which mystify you), your thumb (which must taste amazing), and your brother, Charley (who you follow around with your eyes).  Tummy time is much more fun now that you have figured out picking your head up allows you to see what's around you.  Still, it doesn't last too long because once again, you are not moving!  I am so thrilled to be your Momma and I know for a fact, you have your Dada's heart.  Loving you is the norm of our Now.
*In other news, I am officially a stay-at-home Mom.  As of this past Monday, I turned in my resignation.  My principal was incredibly supportive and kind.  Her gracious response made breaking the news much easier for me.  I took little one with me and just explained there was no way I could leave him.  She agreed with me.  Another sweet part of the day happened when I told my team members:  Anita teared up and Kim hugged me.  I was blessed to work with such caring co-workers.  They said they knew it was coming and had worked up a plan on how to make me stay...but when I showed up to tell them, they just couldn't remember their plan.  I will miss teaching because, even on the rough days, I loved my job; however, my new job takes the cake! ;)  Now my occupation is full-time Momma.
*SPK accomplished another Tough Mudder today.  For this one, he had an entire team named "Follow the Lizard".  (Lizard agreed to do it with him for his bday this past February.)  He also had two guys from church, John and Nathan, Reed (Lizard's boss), and the two Robins, friends of Lizard.  This Mudder took my husband's hair.  Another one of our new nows, a husband/father with a mohawk, soon to be shaved head.
*Our sweet friends, the Mos, had their baby boy this week:  Thomas Bennett.  We are extremely excited for future trips to have playdates with our two boys!  They are going to be awesome parents and we are thrilled about God's gift to them in the form of a little one!
*Charley is still the best dog ever!  He is at my heels on a daily basis.  Oddly enough, it is most often when I have little one in my arms.  And, talk about being evaluated on my abilities as a mother!  If Charley hears crying, his eyes shoot to look at me with accusatory tones, as if to say "what did you DO to him?" or "you are slacking on your job!"  He's adjusted well to sleeping in the living room, not getting in the baby's face, and he's working on not taking his toys.  (Note to others with dogs who have squeaky toys before having an infant:  most of the baby toys rattle or squeak.  Your poor dog is going to be confused beyond measure when told 'no' to objects he normally is told to play with or fetch.  You might want to break him in early!)
To close, a few more pictures of the past 12 weeks and our Newer Now:

1 comment:

Ritsema said...

He is absolutely adorable! So glad that you get to stay at home with him; what an awesome blessing!!