Here we are, six years later. There are mornings I still wake up next to you, giddy, like I've traveled back to the early morning of April 16, 2006. But, in six years, it's not giddy which binds, it is the day to day tracks shown in a deck worn by grilled dinners, your t-shirt I claimed which flaunts holes instead of woven stitches, and the dimmed shine of our wedding bands. I know basic you so much more today than on tax day in 2006. The ways to lift you up, your list of favorites, the times to just let you be, your laugh when something is really funny, and how your tears brim but defy gravity, do not fall. The words you might say in a situation, your voice echoes through my mind, coaching, loving me to handle as we would versus how I would. Those minute moments which we've stacked together to be in the here, in the now. Night time schedules of prayers in the dark which are strobes of light in word form. Morning kiss good-byes when one of us gets to be the sleepyhead. Watching the way God continues to provide, sunsets over beaches, walks beside rivers, annual sporting events like the Master's and the NCAA tourney, Charley's growth, loved ones rejoicing and then facing loss, our tree blooming in red and the leaves falling, year after year. In the quiet, the everyday, you remain my steadfast best friend, who continues to teach me about determination, loving life, and being responsible but carefree.
I'm thankful our hearts intertwine like how you hold my hand to remind me of you. The phrase "love you more" is as normal a rhythm to our daily life as waking up, falling asleep, and the continuing remodel of our little brick shoebox. I'm thankful God placed a willingness to fight alongside your gentle spirit; a refusal to give up and a determination, a reckless pursuit that I would be yours. I'm thankful He opened my eyes to you, all of you. For that initial broken road, we can rejoice, because His grace has pieced it into a sweet, hilarious, and somewhat spicy pathway for us to walk.
So, six years later, I love you. It might be romantically cliche but you still give me butterflies. While we are on the topic of butterflies, lately those butterflies have become more like love waves, taps, kicks, reminders that s/he is alive and growing...which brings us to another reason today is our day...:)
Introducing Baby K's name choices:
...if we are blessed with a baby boy, his name will be:
Finley Scott
...if we are gifted with a baby girl, her name will be:
Ellington Annelise
Either way, we are overjoyed at God's timely provision...and can't wait to meet you little one.
Grateful to be walking, hand-in-hand, down God's path for us together.
Happy anniversary, love.
2 comments:
Absolutely perfect names. Love them!
That was so touching. Happy Anniversary! So happy for you and your growing family! :) Love the names by the way!
Post a Comment