3.11.2012

Spring Forward

Today was a bittersweet day.  We lost the ACC championship.  (Oh, come on, you knew I couldn't go a season without posting about college basketball.  And, we are on day 11 of March Madness, which means I have kept quiet for far too long.  That's okay, you can look forward to more bball posts in the near future!) 

Although the loss was sad, it was overshadowed with much more meaning filled joy.  We were able to share a few hours celebrating a new family:  the Herndons.  The laughter was loud and much, while the joy was contagious.  My favorite moment was watching C interact with his mom and dad:  the banter, the connections, the grace of God poured out in love as an action.

We are springing forward according to the time change and with the house.  I really need to post some before and during pictures.  I'm placing the idea on my 'to-do' list.  Hopefully, the picture posting will happen.  Regardless, my husband is Superman.  Last weekend, I meant to post about our Friday Date Night.  We spent it with a few close friends:  Joint Compound, Putty Knives, Charley, and the Basement Walls.  It was a night of hard work with Mumford & Sons and DMB serenading us in the background.  To end the night, we had breakfast for dinner:  waffles and scrambled eggs.

Back to today, we also had a spur of the moment conversation and play date with good friends in the sunshine.  Friends whose generosity and support has been heart encouraging through difficulties.  And, today, SPK raced with Munchkin, played catch with a wrapping paper ball, and we heard a growing personality in Lil' Dude's laugh.  Thanks for our gift, friends.

Last of all, sweetness comes in small packages but it can spread for miles and miles.  Case in point the photo below:

No comments: