10.12.2011

Gripped


...by the fact that I am loved by a Saviour even when I don't get things right, when I can't keep it together, when I fail, when I purposely walk the other way from doing what I should.
...by my husband's ability to love me.  He does it well.  I have high standards, too. 
...by the new book RK suggested I read.  It's another 'don't read an entire chapter in one setting because then it will be over faster' page flipper.  Somewhere More Holy will make you stare life in the face.  I blinked.  I blinked because I felt for this man, for his loss, but selfishly for myself.  Then, I turned around and God's grace stared back at me.  Once again, I was remedied of self and prescribed the overflowing mercy and forgiveness of an all-loving, all-knowing being who was willing to walk in my shoes.  Currently, I'm in the bathroom.  And, I'm laughing while I nod my head and agree with every stinkin' word.  Read the book and you will understand my last two sentences.  Thank you dear brother of mine. 
...by my brother's words when I was last there visiting, "You can't live someone else's life, Kris.  You have to live yours.  Don't compare."  Again, thank you dear brother of mine.
...by how big a hole missing loved ones can leave.  Then, again how sun-filled from head to toe you feel when they are at a hug's distance from you after being away.
...by complete foolishness of 2.5 hour meetings in which circles were talked and meaninglessness was defined.  Around, around, around, weren't we here already?
...by trees changing clothes for winter.  Green last week, multi-colored new fashion sense this week.
...by my niece's beauty.  Slow down your growing, Tot.  Deca loves you minute to minute.  Let's do markers, make tea, play with Noah and his ark animals, and swing with legs flying through the air again sometime sooooooooon.  Mwah.

No comments: