Friday was a dreary day lined with gray clouds, drizzly rain, and my mood matched the day. Then, I received an email from a woman I've grown to call friend. In the past few years, our hearts have walked a common strip of land, dusty and not traveled by everyone. In addition, my students think she is my twin for a number of reasons: looks, teaching style, even what we say. Currently, My Teacher Twin is at home with her new favorite man who might weigh about 11 or 12 pounds by now. She sent me an email. It was a picture of her little man with his arms spread out and these words "He's sending you a big hug." In seconds, my day flew from grey to sunny skies, and crazy thing, by the time my car pulled into home, the sky matched my heart. Thanks to My Teacher Twin for sharing hug love with me.
Tonight, I had the privilege of spending time scarfing down good eats with family: Dad, Mom, Joshua, and Allie. Time with family is a good thing. What is sad about the situation is, although J & A live maybe a 5K away from me, I tend to see them only once a week. An hour and a half talk about commas, 'perfect teachers', the absence of helping verbs, future goals, and just plain good medicine laughing were present as the jambalaya and rising rolls disappeared.
Yesterday, I was going through some stuff I'd tucked away from September of 2010. Oh, how I adore these words. Describing how they are like balm to old wounds and 'three cheers' for my personality tendency would take far too long. I'll just leave them with you to ruminate upon as the night comes to a close and my dear friends, Pillow and Slumber, beckon to me.
There is a sacredness in tears.
They are not the mark of weakness but of power.
They are messengers of overwhelming grief and unspeakable love.
--Irving
2 comments:
I love reading your posts! They always make me smile!
Great quote. I love that your dear twin and family were able to encourage your spirit/
Post a Comment