Monday morning was a planned cover my head with a pillow, silence any alarms, give in to REMs appointment. The reason being, a few short hours before, I offered to take the late driving shift. SPK had to be at work by 6 AM. So, I conquered the shift with protein (Alaskan Wilderness trail mix), caffeine (Diet Coke), and music (Mumford & Sons). Granted, 12 AM isn't that late; however, when I drink caffeine past 4 PM, it's like a 5 hour energy on steroids. I didn't sleep until at least 2 AM. At a little before 8 AM, SPK came home for a few minutes from work and greeted me with a kiss and "Let the rumors begin. Our POD has arrived." He grinned at me and I dug myself back to my earlier state of mind.
Funny thing that a huge plastic box in your front yard can make rumors fly. But, it's true. Our neighbors have been peaking out of windows, brisk walking turns to slow motion in front of our yard, and obvious stares while someone is supposed to be parking--to which I thought 'watch out for that mailbox!' We aren't moving, it is just another step in the marathon remodeling process. One which we are hoping will give us the energy to sprint the last 2.2 miles of the race's route. Come on crowd, cheer us on!
Although our POD rumors are a bit comical, then again, not so funny a thing are rumors. Rumors, gossip, 'Have you heard who you need to pray for?' (come on people, I'm being real here) are all defined by one word: stupid. I know. I've reverted to a childish vocabulary. But, sorry folks. Truly, it's the only close to nice word I have for gossip. I am beginning to see why Solomon's definition of wisdom seems to begin with taming the tongue and keeping my mouth closed. Being the recipient of those things is just plain difficult.
So, our POD is a reminder for me to keep working on being wise by taming my tongue. Or just keeping my POD's door shut.
P.S. Cute bookend pics of us with our sisters. :)
2 comments:
CONSTRUCTION BEGINS!:)
Witty reminder to tame my tongue!
Post a Comment