| These fellas are one of the reasons my mornings are golden. |
| A place of solace in my early mornings... |
Lately (being the past three days of true summer break), I've begun each day outside, spending time in the shade of our umbrella with a nice breeze, breakfast, and extended minutes with my Father. And then, the occasional throw of the ball to the fellas shown above. The quiet has been what I needed. The devotions have been difficult, reminding me what I am called to be, concentrating me towards where my heart should resonate, not exactly where I want to be.
| A sweet visit from my British friend! |
| Watching a few games of Ultimate Frisbee on the Drill Field. |
These are our attempts to take pics using the timer.
Our date was an almost two hour walk through VT's campus. Due to the presence of summer, the walk was serene, surrounded in Hokie stone and shaded pathways.
During that time, we snuck into the new basketball practice facility and went upstairs to the offices, which were unlocked. There, we had a sneak peek at the actual courts, definitely a nice set-up.
| Had to take this pic for SPK...sidenote: I am North Carolina. :) |
| One of our favorite parts of the museum...it captures the 'on the edge of your seat' feel that basketball tends to give throughout the season. |
So far, summer's been a welcome treat and I'm already in the daze...I can't remember what day of the week it is! :)
| Our garden! |
3 comments:
Glad you are enjoying your summer break! I'm ready for our coffee date and "catch -up"... just say when!
Ahh, the relaxation of summer! I am so glad that you are fully taking advantage of it. I hope to someday try my hand at a garden.
Ahh, there's just nothing like summer. I'm so glad that you are fully taking advantage of it. You're garden looks great. I hope to someday try my hand at one.
Post a Comment