6.25.2011

Same Mind, Same Heart

Yesterday, SPK left for a definite men's outing:  a hike into the Appalachian Mountains, then a night of camping.  No joke; he spent more time packing for this short 24 hour trek than he usually spends in throwing things together for a week at the beach.  I found the continual look of concentration and (at least) five time repeated phrase "What am I forgetting?  I'm forgetting something" to be another reason he continues to own my heart.  My husband loves the outdoors.  Currently, he is in his element.  I wasn't asked to go, which was NOT A PROBLEM.  Believe me, I can admire pictures of the woods or better yet, read about the beauty contained therein, and I am good.  Right after he left, I spent an hour hugged by a comfortable mango-colored couch in my element:  opening and reading a book, uninterrupted, I might add.
Then, I had a dinner date!  One that lasted 4.5 hours, where I lost track of time because it was so good.  Topics changed at a moment's notice, the laughter was rampant, and the presence of hearts which shared songs was obvious.  KM is a sweet girl.  We've taught in the same building for the past three years.  From the moment I met her, I was comfortable.  Even in the midst of sorrow, hardship, and difficulty, this girl exhudes joy. (She's a definite wet bones kinda' girl.)  Usually, we have random 3.4 second meetings, which take place in the middle of a hallway, while we are chasing students to totally opposite destinations, or while picking up copies in the lab, only to leave going different directions.  Tonight was different.  It was planned, thankfully longer than the normal span of our meetings, and uplifting.  It was one of those times where the final moments are spent standing in the parking lot because even though you've both tried to say 'good-bye' a few times, the words keep coming.  It was a "definite, must do this again soon dinner".  (Did I forget to mention she is a Tarheel fan?? :)  )
To end the night, I came home to my Charley dog and time for a daughter to focus on Father.  The words of Philippians 2:1-4 nodded at the day's events.  I was encouraged.  I found comfort.  I participated in the Spirit.  I found joy in being of the same mind and having the same heart.  Until next time, thanks, KM for seeking our Lord and for being on the same page!           

No comments: