Saturday was my birthday. Oh, how I love birthdays! This one was no different, in fact, considering the celebrating started LAST weekend, I was even more in the birthday mood. Before my real rolling out of bed, my Scott woke me out of a deep sleep with a birthday song. Although I groaned in mock frustration with his off key attempt at music, a smile lurked across my face, and he laughed as he kissed me good-bye. Immediately, I fell back into the basking warmth of a late birthday snooze. I woke up to an easy morning of breakfast and coffee wrapped up in a fluffy blanket on the couch. It was just Charley and I lounging. After about 45 minutes of relaxation I accomplished the following, with, I might add, vigor!
1) Unloaded the dishwasher 5) Cleaned the bathroom
2) Washed all countertops 6) Cleaned and reorganized the closet
3) Did upper body and ab workouts 7) Put away laundry (washed by my hubbie)
4) Ran errands 8) Vaccuumed, dry/wet Swiffered the floors
In between cleaning, I received many bday texts and phone calls which made me smile! Two more people sang to me: Mom and Dad. All my siblings called and the Tot wished me happy bday in her own way--she said "Deca!" To top the day, Scott cooked me dinner and I opened my gift from him...Frye boots. I have died and gone to shoe bliss...not only did I NOT pick them out, I didn't even specifically ask for them. (I've commented on a number of cute boots girls have been wearing in the last few months but never did I 'ask for boots'.) He shopped for them and chose them on his own. My man is a gift in many ways...to boot, he shops for shoes for me on his own that I absolutely adore!
No comments:
Post a Comment