





This year my fearless sister-in-law tackled the idea of inviting everyone to their house for Thanksgiving dinner. I bow down to her. After her presentation involving making the table runners and napkins, molding butter, her placecards made it a'pear'ant where we should sit, back-up heated and cold coolers for food items, and the mood setting music to boot, I relinquish ALL further sibling-lead gatherings to her capable hands. (Disclaimer: my mother does another great job of entertaining.) All laughter aside, I was impressed. We had an amazing time with all who were there. I had the privilege of talking with the Mr. Walkers, who are Cate's wardrobe gurus. Catching up with Betsy was a great time as well! We ate the famous peas and mushroom recipe, which Joan made for dinner, and I loved it. Scott was able to spend time with Rhett and Josh while the turkey fried, and yes, we followed Cate's every word. The cutest part of the night was when she made the connection between the picture of Josh as Rhett's best man and the REAL Josh standing in her kitchen. From then on, she was smitten to the point that she spent the meal in his lap! :) Overall, it was a cozy, festive occasion with good food and family in tow. I did miss Lizard's presence, but was able to end the night with talking to her on the phone. Friday, Scott and I were up and out of Richmond by 8:00 AM but we were able to have a good catch-up conversation with Martha and Donnie. And today, I spent the morning with my mop and vacuum, cleaning the floors. The rest of the day is for more cleaning and school 'to-do's.



1 comment:
Yay, good post :+)
Post a Comment