9.18.2010

Coming Up For Air

I spent about 2 hours this morning journaling and reading the book Crazy Love. Those two things mean I was basking in time alone with my Lord. (Well and two Golden Retrievers: Charley and Angel!) The time was needed, focused, and honest. I wanted to share a few prayer requests:
1) I love school this year, which is a praise. My kids are as different from one another as they are from year to year, and I already love them. School is more manageable due to the fact that I am following a command from both Scott and my mom. I MUST leave school by 3 or 3:30 everyday. For the most part, I have followed through, and it has been a positive. I am praying this habit continues for my sanity and for my health.

2) Scott is up for a promotion. We are praying for God to work and to be in the situation. If it is what He wants, it is what we want.

3) For healing of our hearts to continue and for our trust in God to ever increase!

Finally, I have started trying to memorize verses, which is something I do not claim as a strength. Believe it or not, the former theater girl, who could memorize plays which lasted hours; she can not seem to memorize verses well. I decided I try to bite off too many at one time. This week's verses are as follows--and I am typing from memory! :)
Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor what is present, nor what is to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created being, shall separate me from the love of our God, which is in Christ Jesus.

Hopefully, I will be able to blog more often, but the next few weeks are a bit hectic...I thought I should come up for air, when I knew it was possible!

No comments: