Father's Day has passed but my daddy was with my sweet sister in South Carolina for the past week. However, I would be remiss if I didn't post about my dad. For me, I always had a first love, a man of my dreams, my knight in shining armour... and he was my daddy. Now, I have a wonderful husband who has my heart, but thankfully, he respects the love between a father and daughter. Dad and I danced to "My Girl" on April 15, 2006 and that will always be our song, which gives me reason to smile. Most of all, being his girl is something I consider to be one of God's precious gifts in my life. I grew up knowing I was loved, which is something that is an ultimate need for little girls. I grew up knowing someone thought not only I, but my mom, was beautiful. I grew up knowing that although my daddy was fabulous, he wanted me to look first and foremost to my Heavenly Father. I grew up watching my daddy love all of us kids in his own way. I grew up as my dad's Kritter. I grew up knowing he would be there for me through thick and thin, because I was his girl. Now, I am all grown up. As a grown up, I know I can go to my dad for advice and he will give it freely with no expectations. As a grown up, I know he still loves me and thinks I am beautiful. As a grown up, I know my first love adores my husband, too. As a grown up, I am still my daddy's girl. Thanks daddy. Happy Father's day!
Some might think including a short snippet about the World Cup would be an affront to a Father's Day post, but for those of you that know my father, it's a compliment! ;) So, here's to the REAL sport of football or as the world calls it: futbol. If you have been under a shell for the past few weeks, the USA has shown up to play. We have DVRed every game and loved every nail biting minute of play. Some of the goals have caused me to jump up out of my seat and scream in wonder and can I please say "thank goodness for DVR!" Those amazing goals are easy to see again and again! Per usual Krista style, I have watched all the specials on the US players, too. It makes Scott laugh because I connect the ESPN stories will every player. I love Dempsey and his story. I love Landon Donovan because he's been there and worked to be here now. I love Tim Howard, well heck, because he rocks. I love the story of the Coach and his son. And yes, I agree we've had some close calls, if not, absolutely ridiculous calls. I do, tend to question the sanity of the refs...especially, the call back goal, but I digress. And, I love, love, love the fact that we play tomorrow at 2:30. Go red, white, and blue! I, for one, believe. Do you?
No comments:
Post a Comment