5.08.2010

Mother's Day

This post is for the mothers I know. The strong, sweet, dedicated women who give their all on a daily basis. I think of mine, first. Her heart is God's, but my dad and the four kids come in a close second. I have seen a new piece of her Mom story in recent years...she loves her kids' significant others as her own. Yet, she knows they have their moms too and she respects that line. I guess I had never thought about that part of the Mom journey...the letting them fly a little and be a part of a new family. I'm blessed to have a mom that is willing to let us fly but who still holds us in her heart and prayers. I'm thankful for Scott's mom, too. For her growing him up to know our Lord and for her asking me to pray for him to come to church! ;) I think of Noni, too. She's strong-Texas strong. I think my strength, my independence came from my Mom and Noni. I think of Grandma's faithfulness to Grandpa for over 50 years. I think of Fafa-of her friendship with my mom. I love her for accepting my mom as a sister-in-law and most importantly, as a friend. Fafa is another mom who loves her own with all her might, yet she finds room in her heart for the four of us. Mother's day reminds me of the height and width of a mother's heart. I think of Sarah on this day because it is her first with Cate. I already see pieces of the mom she is and is going to be-sweet and strong. I love how she calls her little girl "beautiful" already and how she is in tune with juggling life, family, and loving my brother. A mom not only loves her kids but her husband, too. Not an easy job but the moms I know do it well. Then, I think of Liz H. Her story is different and I love her for it. God gave her a wonderful mom and a precious little girl. Though the two most special girls in her life never had the chance of meeting, Liz remains the definition of a strong mother. She is a survivor and a picture of reliance on God. Once again, I see strength lived out on a daily basis coupled with grace.
To all the moms I know--I love you. Thanks for painting a picture of motherhood in all its stages, in all its complicated sweetness, in all its joy, heartache, and struggle. Most of all, thanks for being who YOU are and happy Mother's day. I'm blessed to know all of you and I pray for you, often.

No comments: