4.20.2010
Tailgate for the Soon-to-be-KierS
So this past weekend, Josh's brothers and sisters (Rhett, Sarah, Jensen, Elizabeth, Scott, and I) threw him and Allie a couples' shower! All in all, it went well! The kicker was the place for the party ended up being our house, which for some, wouldn't be a big deal. However, I am a bit OCD with things, especially when it comes to planning, and as a result, I worked my dear husband to death. After he had worked 7 days straight and then framed for another 1.5 days on top of that, I had a looong list of 'to-do's for him to accomplish. (Just as a side note, my list was just as long! I didn't leave him out to dry.) In addition, our house is rather small due to remodeling continuing and I was panicked all week that it might rain! God was gracious and brought no rain though, which made the day a bit smoother. We had tons of food and drink! Liz and Jens had an idea to have a cornhole tournament, which was a blast! Sad to say, my team, better known as "female domination" lost in the first round to Scott & Josh K. Rhett & Sarah's team made it a bit further (the Terriers), while Josh Jones and Tony Wolford's team took the championship! Those boys are a bit competitive! Good thing for those Salem Soccer girls, huh? Their 'soccer wives' made a good showing, too! ;) Justin and Jon, the Underdogs, made it to the third round of play and they made us laugh! The night ended with a fire pit, blankets, and good conversation! And, that, my friends was the bulk of the weekend! While all this was going on, Yaya and Poppa were able to spend some time with the Tot! Sadly, because of my tendency to be OCD, I didn't see her much, but I got to hold her and kiss those cheeks in person, which was well worth the time! AND she wore the polka-dot dress we gave her for heart day to church Sunday...:) The time with fam was priceless and I can't wait until we are able to do it again...it goes by too fast! Wedding countdown is a mere 39 days away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Too cute! We had a great time! Thanks for the invite!!
Post a Comment