5.21.2010
A Little Glimpse of Texas
The other night, I was lounging on the couch, greedily catching up on NCIS episodes (without my husband...oops) and I received a random text from my Uncle Mark. Mark is part of the Texas fam and a text every now and then is normal; however, his next text proclaimed that Thursday night 'dinner and drinks are on me!' Please understand, this was 9 PM on a Tuesday night and my pumpkin state had already begun to take effect. I was in complete shock and confusion? Simply put, he was in for 24 hours for work, and as a result, we were able to spend a few hours with him! It was soo good to see him, to catch up the Seale family's crazy lives, and to share about life here and now. On the other hand, it made me miss the Texas fam. I miss not seeing them and hate that I don't always hear their news firsthand. At the same time, the distance from Texas to VA is quite a trek and I understand life is busy. Mark's visit made me thankful for family who let you love them from a distance and who know just because you don't see them all the time, it doesn't mean you don't care. So, to my Texas fam...wish we could see you more often and love you much. Thankful that we serve a God who holds us in His hand and has ALL our best interests in mind. To someday (hopefully soon) when we can catch up, over dinner, face to face. Until then, wrapping you all in prayers and hugs, from a distance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment