1.15.2010

2010

I meant to blog the other day; however, work has been a bear lately. In addition, over the holidays, our computer blew up, hence no Internet, and my windshield cracked all the way across its width. We were able to spend a night with Lydia so our friends, Liz and Matt, could celebrate their anniversary together. We had a laid back Christmas celebration with my fam and then spent most of the time with the Kanodes this year.

We spent New Year's Eve basking in a VT win over Tennessee and as the clock hit 12:00 AM we were playing cards with Scott's extended family. I actually was awake for the first two hours of 2010! Shocking! Of course the next 10 hours or so, I was snoozing. Since Christmas break ended, we have been going full speed. I've been at work long hours while Scott is working odd jobs to pay the bills and still searching for a job. We might have an update on that situation in the near future, keep praying about it! I did notice that the day after Joshua's birthday 01/11/10 was a palindrome. And, I realized that being on a diet is a good thing. I actually feel healthy right now. :)

So the above post was sometime mid-January. Here's a quick update:
-Liz visited this past weekend for a Mom, Liz, Kris bday celebration. I didn't feel like there was enough time to spend with her at all, which was a bit disappointing. As she left church, she started crying, which made me cry, and of course, mom was crying, too. Sometimes the distance wears on us, but my hope is God has her in His hands and He is the God of comfort. I miss my sister.
Other Liz related news...CONGRATS to JENSEN!! They found out Monday he is going to complete his residency in Charleston. Huge congrats...I know he's worked hard and they really wanted to stay in Charleston.
-Scott, my dear husband, is employed. He is like a kid again. Our prayers have been answered and there is chance for moving up and growth. He is starting with Lowe's and after finishing his orientation today I couldn't get a word in edgewise during our phone conversation. I am proud of him and I know we are both relieved. He begins in February full-time.
-Snow was here and is on its way again. Maybe it won't show up if I post about it? The nerdy educator in me is showing up because I would rather be in school due to the fact that the writing SOL is lurking a mere month away. I need ALL the time I can get!!!
-I am going to Texas in February, not to visit fam, but to attend a Missions conference. Please pray for me and the five others who will be going as well. That God would direct our hearts to learn about Him more and that we would learn to share about Him with others in new ways.

Just got a January post in right before the finish! Phew. Hopefully we will have internet at home again one day, but for now, no internet is an unneeded extra expense. :)

No comments: