12.06.2009

And The Holiday Season Is Off!

So far, we've had Thanksgiving celebration at the Kiers, both of us have been 'under the weather', a purse party has happened with great success, and we've made it to one Christmas party. It is only December 6th!
The highlight of it all had to be Thanksgiving due to everyone being home. I relish the moments when my family members are all under one roof. And, this Thanksgiving, we had a little one for the first time in a LONG time. It was so sweet to watch Cate, to see her parents doting over her and loving on her. Then, there were Poppa and Yaya. Poppa 'popped' at 'his' Cate (as he calls her!) everytime he was within 10 feet of her. She didn't get annoyed, she didn't turn away, she didn't stare; instead, she grinned, giggled, and laughed at him like he was the only person in the room...And Yaya had her in her arms whenever she could find the excuse. You're probably wondering why I wasn't clamoring for her as well? I got sick. I got sick. Yes, I got sick. Me! The one who made effort upon effort to stay well. I EVEN got two SHOTS by choice!!! As a result, after the first few days, I had to admire my favorite little person in the world, from a distance. Yet, I witnessed so much as a result! I love my fam. God's blessings ring true when it comes to the people He allowed me to call 'my own' on this Earth. Thankful heart beats.
Finally, we faced some sadness on Turkey Day. My sis-in-law lost her grandma. I know she was close with her and we've been praying for her and the Walker family since the holiday's beginnings. The loss made my heart hurt for Sarah and it reminded me to cherish the times we have with those we love. And so, cherishing this holiday season for what it has been and for what it will be. Mostly, for what it means behind all the glitter and sparkle, this life does have hope and purpose, and it brims over with love from my precious Lord and Savior. Welcome holiday season 2009!

No comments: