8.02.2009

Vacay=Time to play

ToNIGHT is the beginning of our vacation. We've planned this one in advance and have been pushing each other onward through remodel, dogsitting, work, framing, and the everyday craziness of life to get to this point. Notice I typed NIGHT. Yea, so Scott's Hunting & Fishing show was this weekend and it ends at 5 PM. The show ends, not Scott's responsibilities. Yup. As a result, yours truly will BEGIN driving to Sumter, SC at approximately 10 PM. (The sad part is we are HOPING for 10 PM, more than likely it could stretch to 11 or midnite.) Phew! But as Scott said when I called to check on him after church, I had just said hello and he blurted out "We are going on vacation tonite!!!" Does that tell you how things were going? :) Please pray for us tonite while I am driving. This afternoon's plans include: finish packing, take a nap, and stop at Starbucks for a treat later tonite. I am driving so Scott can sleep, but I have a strong feeling that I will talk about Cate for awhile! ;) I can't help it, she's too cute.
Orlando, here we come with a stop to see Russ and Leslie, then Elizabeth and Jensen, and a return home to head to see Miss Martha Catherine Kier, CATE! We are golf resorting it and not doing anything Disney related. I have never been and I would rather go with kids and my parents. But the golf resort has lots of pools AND Boston plays Tampa in a 3 game series while we are down there. Guess where we will be at least one night of the trip? Sooo, in 8 hours or so we are leaving for Orlando with a serious purpose and plan. Rest, one-on-one time, and relax.

2 comments:

Emily and Patrick said...

Praying for you as you drive tonight!! The excitement of vacation should keep you awake! Feel free to call if you need someone to chat to while Scott sleeps. We are always up late. Enjoy!!!

Jawn said...

Funny - we were there at the same time, but we were doing ALL the Disney stuff with our kids. It was great!!! Hope you had fun relaxing.