7.31.2009

...Like breathing


I just talked to Cate's daddy...Her name officially is Martha Catherine Kier (I think it is with C?) He referred to her as "baby Cate"! :) Both Mom and Dad are doing well and pictures will come when they have a moment to spare. (8:00 PM) I have now seen pics and she IS beautiful. She has a full head of dark hair and is angelic. I just want to kiss her cheeks through the camera phone! I will post pics when I get them.
I have to record part of the conversation with Rhett for memory's sake. Part of our phone convo is below:

Krista: Hi.
Rhett: Hey, I know you've probably heard but I wanted to tell you we had a baby girl.
Krista: Oh, congrats!
Rhett: Her name is Martha Catherine, baby Cate.
K: How is Sarah?
R: Fine, she's doing great.
K: How are YOU?
R: Good. Actually, it was great. I tend to be scared to death of other people's babies, but when they handed her to me it was completely natural. It was like breathing.

I can't wait to meet her. I am tempted to throw caution to the wind, jump in my car, and tear down I-81 to see her face to face. Even Scott tempted me. As soon as I told him he said "Get in your car and go to Richmond." Just like that; however, Yaya, Poppa, and Sarah's parents need their time as do the new little fam. Two weeks is going to feel like F.O.R.E.V.E.R.

Sending love via the internet to my sweet, little niece, a definite blessing from God. Love to Rhett and Sarah too!

John 1:16
From the fullness of His grace, we have all received one blessing after another.
PS The pic above is from Betsy's hospital visit! ;)

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Congratulations Aunt Krista! I can't wait to see pictures :)