7.21.2009

Considering...

...my niece or nephew. I wonder if Sarah will have a boy or a girl? It is really exciting to know the due date (bc the baby is breech and a C-section is scheduled); but the mystery of gender still remains. I can't wait to see his/her sweet face!

...summer temperatures that are extremely below average. Yesterday, I went to a cookout to say good-bye to good friends and we had it around a pool; however, the outside temperature was hovering around 60-65 degrees! No one ventured into swimming, but a good time was had by all.

...morning thunderstorms. Again, yesterday at 5:40 AM, I bolted awake. It was storming. Normally, storms help me sleep. Not this one. It lasted for approximately two hours! The thunder was frighteningly loud and lightning occurred immediately after or simultaneously with each thunder clap.

...my husband. Each day, I find myself even more blessed by the fact that I am married to Scott Preston. There are the most important reasons: he loves our Savior and points me to Him, he is a hard-worker, and he loves me for me. The basic reasons: he can make me laugh, he laughs with me and at me, his hugs are to die for, he loves my family, and he is an amazing dog daddy. The little reasons that jump out at me when I least expect it: he prays with me and for me, he has a humbleness about him that is mingled with confidence, he is positive even when life is rough, and he calls me to check with me on a daily basis.

...bears. I am not an outside person. I can appreciate the beauty of God's earth, I can go for a walk down the street, I can hang out at the beach. However, God purposely made my birthyear 1978. It was His will and he knew the times before (say the early 1900s and earlier years) Krista just wouldn't have survived. Last nite, I walked three schnauzers down a driveway in Southwest County. This neighborhood is built on the side of a mountain and the surrounding area is forest. Not national forest, but woodsy. At 9:45, I took the dogs out for the last time (It was dark by this time.) The driveway is about a .1 of a mile and it is steep. I had the dogs and the trashcan. I took the trashcan to the bottom and walked the dogs back up the hill. Scott arrived about 3o minutes later. He walked in and said "Both trashcans at the end of the driveway are knocked over AND there's a bag that's been torn apart about a quarter of the way up the drive." Odd, I think. This morning, the neighbor and I cleaned it all up. She told me there is a bear that has been knocking over trashcans. Great, I think. So, I basically was within yards, feet, inches of a bear. Who knows. Am I walking the dogs on the trail this week? I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count.

No comments: