4.30.2009

Where did April go??

April seems to have slipped by me. One morning it was Elizabeth's bday and then, I look up to put the date on my board for tomorrow morning, and it is May 1st. WOW! Although we haven't blog much lately, we have news, news, news.
*I took a trip to see Lizard over spring break. It was well worth the 6 hour drive. We spent tons of quality girl time: wine, cheese, and chat nites, mornings over coffee and conversation, and much celebration of just being together. I loved it; however, it reminded me of how much I do miss Elizabeth. Her friendship is such an endearing piece to my life, and having her six hours away is rough at times. The in-between moments are now sister rich and not taken for granted...
*Noni's visit overlapped with the Charleston trip and it was neat for her to see Elizabeth as a Turner! We spent time seeing the sites with her including a carriage ride in the city (and a $14 parking ticket to boot), a rather chilling walk on the beach while watching Jensen surf, and for mom, Noni, and I a scenic ride back from Chucktown through the Mountains of Tennessee and VA! It's always good to get a dose of Noni, her Texas drawl, and to see that our Noni really LOVES us! :)
*Rhett, Sarah, Homer, and Major visited over Easter! Love it when they come to visit! We had lots of Mini-Kier/baby talk: choosing fav't names, birthing stories (yikes, can I just say, yikes?!), plans for the nursery, etc. Then, we had lots of puppy love and through it all, the remodel of our dear little home was intertwined...Thanks for the good ideas Rhettiford!
*The remodel. Has begun. Is progressing. Picture this: demolition--then, the week I was gone the walls were put up etc. And how much was the following totally God's work (mostly because I was not there to see it and to FREAK out?? Ok ya'll can stop nodding your heads now!) During the building phase they ran into a few glitches: FIRST, I lost my walk-in closet (a tear runs down my cheek), second, they figured out our wood floor looked ROUGH, third, they realized they had torn down a load bearing wall. But other than that, we're good! ;) Things are going well, and we are no longer the rednecks with the massive pile of trash in their front lawn! Thank the Lord!
*We have moved in with mom and dad. They are saints. I don't know if "empty nest" is ever a time of life they will truly achieve! Ooops. All I have to say is I love my parents and I am eternally grateful to them for loving us enough to take us in and to embrace us as part of their household once again. And they even love Charley too!! Yea, TWO dogs...I think that says it all. So, to parents who are friends and roommates!
A late post for sure, but better late than never. We will hopefully post pics in the near future...pray for our sanity with the remodel and for taking everything with a grain of salt!
We love ya'll, each and every one!

No comments: